In 1864 Sealdah Market Building (at present Central Hall) was converted to Sealdah Municipal Hospital. On 1st Dec. 1873 the Sealdah Medical School was born out of the Sealdah Municipal Hospital. In 1884 it was named as Campbell Medical School and later on in July 1948 upgraded as Campbell Medical College. On 19th Aug. 1950 the College was renamed as Nilratan Sircar Medical College after the name of the great freedom fighter and alumni of this institution.
Sir Nilratan Sircar (1 October - 18 May 1943) was an eminent Indian doctor, educationist, philanthropist and swadeshi entrepreneur.
Dr Sircar soon obtained a large practice and was for many years, a leading Indian consulting physician, travelling far and wide to treat some of his patients, who included the ruling heads of neighbouring countries.
Sir Nilratan Sircar became the president of Medical Education Society of Bengal in 1922 and remained in the position until 1941.
Nil Ratan Sarkar Medical College and Hospital, Calcutta is affiliated to The West Bengal University of Health Sciences (WBUHS). The VICE- CHANCELLOR of WBUHS is Prof. (Dr.) Bhabatosh Biswas. Contact Details is given below.
(033) 2321-5388 (D)
(033) 2321-3461 (O) Ext. 208
(033) 2334-6602 (O) Ext. 208
(033) 2321-5381 (F)
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com