Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS)
- 033 2265 3333 033 2265 3215 / 3214 /3216
1800 180 5522
The Department of Cardiac Anesthesiology started its journey in the year 2014 as per GO. No ME/NRSC-15-16/M/1012/1(5), Dated 31.05.2016 Kolkata of Department of Health & Family welfare Govt of WB, with sanction of posts in the department of NRS Medical College , Kolkata for Cardiothoracic vascular surgeries vide Memo no HF/O/MERT/1512/2N-02/11 dt 18.11.2014. DM (Cardiac Anesthesiology) has been introduced at N R S Medical College. Kolkata under West Bengal University of Health Sciences with intake of 2 Post Doctoral Trainees per year following approval of starting of the course from the Ministry of Health & Family Welfare Govt. of India vide. GO. No U-12012/14/2016-ME-1 Dated 20th August 2016.
Prof. (Dr). Anupam Goswami. Dip Card. MD.
Joined at NRS Medical College as Professor and Head in the Department of Cardiac anaesthesiology on 11.12.2015.
I. DNB Anesthesiology – Practical Examination (External examiner):Nizam Institute
II. DM Cardiac Anaesthesiology Final examination at IPGME&R Kolkata.
III. MD Anaesthesiology Final Exam. MGM Medical College.
1. Chairperson in ISAWBCON 2015
2. Participated in Teaching Programme of PG Assembly2016
3. Faculty CTVAC IPGME&R.
4. Faculty for Symposium on Cardiac Anaesthesiology at RGKar Medical College November2016
5. Thesis guide for MD (Anesthesiology), &DM Cardiac Anaesthesiology.
1. Comparison of postoperative Analgesia in Thoracotomy Patients by Thoracic Epidural versus Paravertebral Block with Ropivacaine& Clonidine, imedpub Journals, Http//www.imedpub.com year 2015, Vol. No.1:3
2. Comparison of low Ventilation, No Ventilation and Continuous Positive Pressure Ventilation as Pulmonary Protection Strategy during Cardiopulmonary Bypass,, imedpub Journals, Http//www.imedpub.com year 2015, Vol. No.1:2
3. Surgical Management of Congenital Cystic Adenomatoid Malformation in a 2 Month Old Patient: A case report, imedpub Journals, Http//www.imedpub.com Year 2015, Volume 7 No. 1: 5
4. Renal Cell Carcinoma Extending through Inferior Vena Cava into Right Atrium Removed with Cardiopulmonary Bypass Support, imedpub Journals, Http//www.imedpub.com Year 2015 Volume 7 No. 3:2
5. Effect of Indian Classical Music (Raga Therapy) on Fentanyl, vecuronium, Propofol Requirements & Cortisol levels in Cardiopulmonary Bypass, Journal of Anesthesia & Critical Care: Open Access 2015, 2 (2) : 00047
Prof (Dr) Sampa Dutta Gupta MD. PDCC (Cardiac Anaesth) MAMS.
Joined at NRS Medical College On 01.12.2015.as Professor in the Department of Cardiothoracic &Vascular Anaesthesiology.
a) Appointed as external examiner for DNB Anaesthesiology practical examination, held at Moulana Azad Medical College. from 3rd to 6th March 2016.
b) Appointed as external examiner for Fellowship Exit Examination in subject of Cardiac Anaesthesia, held at SGPGIMS Lucknow from 22nd to 24th July. 2016.
c) Appointed as external examiner for BSC. MSC. Critical care technology / OT technology / Perfusion technology final examination part I, partII, part-III conducted
by the West Bengal University of Health Sciences. Held at R G Kar Medical College from 27th to 30th September, & 3rd October 2016.
d) Appointed as external examiner for DNB Anaesthesiology practical examination, held at Army Hospital R&R Delhi Cant from 20th to 22nd October 2016.
e) Appointed as Adjudicator of the thesis of Anaesthesiology for Tripura University.Suryamaninagar. dated 09.09.2015
f) Appointed as Adjudicator of thesis of MD Anaesthesiology. The WBUHS. Session:2013-2016
a) Guide: A prospective observational study for assessment of preoperative insulin sensitivity state of adult female with BMI more than 30 kg/mt2 undergoing abdominal
surgery under general anaesthesia. Student: Dr Sushovan Chakrabarti Guide: Prof (Dr) Sampa Dutta Gupta Co-guide: Dr Rajiv Kumar Samal.
b) Guide: Intraoperative blood glucose level changes between obese and non-obese nondiabetic patients undergoing general anaesthesia for craniotomy surgery. Student: Dr Soumya Chakrabarty Guide: Prof (Dr) Sampa Dutta Gupta Co-guide: Dr Indrani Chakraborty
c) Guide: Perioperative glycemic status of obese NIDDM adults posted for operation under general anaesthesia - A prospective observational study Student: Dr Amitava Nandy Guide: Prof (Dr) Sampa Dutta Gupta Co-guide: Dr Sudeshna Bhar (Kundu)
d) Guide: Continuous epidural labour analgesia using 0.0625% bupivacaine with 0.0002% fentanyl and 0.0625% bupivacaine with 0.00025 fentanyl. Student: Dr Animesh Baul Guide: Prof (Dr) Sampa Dutta Gupta Co-guide: Dr Rajat Choudhury.
e) Co guide of thesis of dr. Subhankar Pramanik; DM (Cardiac Anesthesiology) students
in RG Kar Medical College. Kolkata.
1. Changes in QTc Interval with Ondansetron vs Palonosetron in Prophylaxis of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting in Subjects Undergoing General Anaesthesia – A
Randomized Controlled Trial. . Sampa Dutta Gupta. Saikat Bhattacharya. Tanushree Mondal. A. K. Singh Saumya Biswas. Haripada Das.International Journal of Scientific
Research. Volume: 5 | issue: 5 | may 2016 • ISSN no 2277 - 8179 | if: 3.508 | ic value: 69.48.
2. Effect of intravenous bolus esmolol on changes in heart rate during laryngoscopy and endotracheal intubation under general anesthesia in patients with mitral stenosis
posted for closed mitral commissurotomy. International Journal of Medical Science and Public Health. Chhandasi Naskar1, Shreyasee Naskar2, Sampa Dutta Gupta3,
Tapas Ghose4, Anupam Goswami5, Samarendra Pal6 | 2016 | Vol 5 | Issue 08.
3. A comparative study of post operative analgesic effect of intra-articular levobupivacaine and levobupivacaine with fentanyl in arthroscopic knee surgery. Global journal for research analysis. Haripada Das. . Sankar Pal. Sampa Dutta Gupta. . Bimal kumar Hajra A. Bhattacharya Volume-5, issue-8, August - 2016 • ISSN No 2277 – 8160.
4. Editor: Sampa Dutta Gupta. Guidelines from blossoming flowers. For anaesthesiology post graduates January 2016.1st edition.
5. A comparative study of effects of standard and low dose intrathecal bupivacaine to find out correlation between age and haemodynamic changes as well as on early
ambulation in patients undergoing transurethral resection of prostate. Authors: Sampa Dutta Gupta, A K Singh, Dhiman Adhikari, Sudeshna Bhar Kundu, Sugata Pal,
Sandip Sinha. International Research Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences 2015; 2(8)
6. A Clinical trial comparing levobupivacaine, standard and low dose bupivacaine for subarachnoid block to compare the haemodynamic changes as well as effect on early
ambulation in patients undergoing trans urethral resection of prostate. Dhiman Adhikari, Sampa Dutta Gupta, Sandip Sinha, Anindita saha and Sudeshna Bhar Kundu.
International Journal of Basic and Applied sciences 2015 May – August. Vol-4 (2) pg 44-51.
7. Effect of starvation times on blood glucose of mother and her full term newborn before spinal anaesthesia for elective caesarean section. Sampa Dutta Gupta.
Tanushree mondal. Sulagna Bhattacharya . Col AK Singh. Sunanda Maji. Mouli Bhattacharya Saikat Bhattacharya. "Journal of Anesthesia & Critical Care: Open
Access" <firstname.lastname@example.org. Acceptance for publication: JACCOA-16-RA-315 on 22/08/2016.
8. Neurogenic stress cardiomyopathy. Sampa Dutta Gupta.CME.ISAJAC. November -2015.
1. Attended as Faculty in the1st International &10th National Peri-operative TEE Workshop –Cum CME with six credit hrs. Under Indian Association of Cardiovascular
Thoracic Anaesthesiologists in collaboration with Indian Academy of Echocardiography, international society of cardiovascular ultrasound & University of Minnesota USA from 26th to 28th of August 2016. Topic –Ventricular assist device.
2. Faculty speaker of In Eastern Zonal and State Conference of the Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists West Bengal Chapter November 2015. Topic “Neurogenic stress cardiomyopathy.
3. Faculty speaker of 12th Annual Post Graduate Assembly organized by Department of Anaesthesiology, IPGME&R. Topic: Mitral stenosis – a long case.
4. Participated as Faculty to 11th International congress of Telemedicine Society of India 2015.
5. Papers presented at ISACON Madurai 2015. Topic: Assessment Of Insulin Sensitivity In Obese, Nondiabetic Subjects Undergoing Infraumbilical Surgery And Its Variation With General And Regional Anaesthesia.
Dr. Haripada Das MD.
I. Attended Annual National conferences of Indian Society of Anaesthesiologists. 2015.
1. Comparison of clonidine analgesia between ropivacaine and ropivacaine with clonidine in children; A randomized controlled trial. Soudi Journal of Anaesthesia.Vol 6 Issue 3 July – September 2012.
2. A comparative study of post operative analgesic effect of intra-articular levobupivacaine and levobupivacaine with fentanyl in arthroscopic knee surgery. Global journal for research analysis. Haripada Das. . Sankar Pal. Sampa Dutta Gupta. . Bimal kumar Hajra A. Bhattacharya Volume-5, issue-8, August - 2016 • ISSN No 2277 – 8160.
1. Regular classes, examinations for assessment and hands-on training for DM (Cardiac Anesthesiology) and MD (Anesthesiology) students.
2. Attending various CME, conferences at State, Zonal, National, and International level by post graduate/doctoral trainees and teachers.
3. Paper presentations and various conferences by post graduate/doctoral trainees & teachers.
4. Delivery of lectures & orations and participation in panel discussions by teachers at conferences at the state, zonal, and national level.
5. Delivery of lectures & orations and participation in panel discussion by teachers at post graduate assembly attended by PG students from various medical college.
8. PG trainees of MD/DA – Anesthesiology are sent to this Dept. from this and other institutions for hands-on training in Cardiac Anesthesiology.
9. Research Work Thesis/ Dissertation: ongoing.
a) 9 DST Research project -running.
10. Service information Operation Theatre: Anaesthesia (general and local) was conducted for following procedures:
11. Daily pre-anaesthetic check-up and optimization done in PAC room. Department at present is running three operation theatres with six days in a week. Another OT is provided with C- arm facility which is utilized for endovascular procedures.
12. Department is running 6 bedded post operative care unit and another step down room before sending the operated patients to the ward.
Non-teaching staff - Mr. Samiran Pramanik.
Click the following link to get the details:
Though India became a free nation on August 15, 1947, it declared itself a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state with the adoption of the Constitution on January 26, 1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day.
Remembering them we, from NRSMC, celebrated the Republic Day with culutural activities like singing, flag hoisting and tributing the nation.
Ethics and moral values will be a part of the course offered to aspiring doctors of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College. This course will be conducted be the sanyasi's of Ram Krishna Mission.
Starting from first year to fourth, even the Post graduate Trainee are to be trained through the this course. The principal of NRSMC, Dr. Prof. Debasis Bhattacharyya is taking full initiave to conduct this course.
1st December is the inagural day of NRSMC and the entire course will be discussed there in details.
National Nutrition Week Symposium
Organised by Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal Chapter
Venue: Vivekananda Hall, Centenary Building, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Date: 2 nd September 2016
12 – 12.30 PM: InaugurationDownload here for detailed news
Walk-in Interview For The Post Of Librarian will be held on 16-08.2016 at 11 am in the chamber of the undersigned. click the picture left for detailed information.
This is with reference to the letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Kolkata from The Director of Medical Education & Ex-Officio Secretary to the Government of West Bengal vide Memo No. HF/O/MERT/739/GA/3C-18/2015 dated 21.07.16. ?Please find attached letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at N.R.S Medical College & Hospital on August 5 (Friday) OR August 6 (Saturday), 2016 mentioning Context, Duration, Profile of Participants, Equipment needed etc. May we request you to organize the programme on August 5 (Friday)? However, August 6 (Saturday) will be okay for us if it is convenient for you. The Programme duration is of 2-2.5 hours. Please let us know the venue, Date & timing of the programme.
Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College has initiated a step towards making lives of the needy more cheerful and pleasant. Click the left picture for detailed information
WORLD KIDNEY DAY will be celebrated ON 10TH MARCH AT 1 AM AT PAED. MEDICINE SEMINR HALL, Centenary Building, 5th floor, on behalf of Dept. of Nephrology and Paed. Nephrology.
All are cordially invited to success the programme.
The Meeting of the College Councit, N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata, will be held on 3'd March, 2015(Thursday) at 2 p.m.
in the Conference Room of the Academy Building of this lnstitution with following Agenda:
AGENDAS: t. Ensuing MCI lnspection
All are requested to make it convenient to attend the meeting.
Students Section [under processing]
Help and Information