Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS)
- 033 2265 3333 033 2265 3215 / 3214 /3216
1800 180 5522
Department of Biochemistry
List of Dissertations in last Three Years:
a) A study of serum H2S level, H2S synthesising activity, Total Oxidative stress in patients
suffering from type 2 Diabetes Mellitus by dr. Pinaki Saha
b) A study of serum H2S level, H2S synthesising activity, Total Oxidative stress and antioxidant
defence in patients with Acute Coronary syndrome by Dr. Prasenjit Mondal
c) Study on Serum H2S level and its synthesising activity, Nitric oxide level, Total Oxidative stress
and antioxidant defence in thyroid disorder by Dr. Lakshisona Addya
d) A study on the association of CETP gene in acute coronary syndrome: Dr. Supriya Kumar Mandal
e) A study of the association of H@S level and CBS gene polymorphism in type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: Dr. Ishita Mondal
List of Publications from the department in the last year:
1. Pinaki Saha, Sayantan Dasgupta, Santanu Sen,Arun Kumar, Utpal Kumar Biswas. Patients with type 2 diabetes have reduced levels ofplasma vitamin D3 and are well correlated with theoxidative stress parameters. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences 2016; Vol 7: Issue 3, P:11-15.
2. Abhijit Bhakta, Maitreyi Bandyopadhyay, Sayantan Dasgupta, Santanu Sen, Arun Kumar, Utpal Kumar Biswas. Effect Of NaHS On Carbonic Anhydrase Activity Of Human Erythrocyte. 2016; Vol 7: Issue 3,p 23-27.
3. Pinaki Saha, PiyashaBanerjee, Lakshmisona Auddya, Prasenjit Pal, Mousumi Das, Moumita Dutta, Santanu Sen, Mohan Chandra Mondal, Arun Kumar, Utpal Kumar Biswas. Simple Modified Colorimetric Methods for Assay of Total Oxidative Stress and Antioxidant Defense in Plasma. Study in Diabetic Patients. Archives Of Medicine 2015; Vol. 7: No. 5, 1, P: 1-7.
4. Pinaki Saha , Piyasa Banerjee , Prasenjit Pal , Lakshmisona Auddya , Santanu Sen , Tanmay Jyoti Sau , Arun Kumar , Utpal Kumar Biswas. Enhanced plasma H2S levels associated with fasting blood glucose in Type-2 diabetes mellitus. 2015. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol. 6, Issue 6, P: 35-40
5. Moumita Dutta, Utpal Kumar Biswas, Runu Chakraborty, Piyasa Banerjee, Arun Kumar and Utpal Raychaudhuri. Reduced Erythrocyte Carbonic Anhydrase Activity by Swietenia Macrophylla Seeds in Diabetic. Journal of Diabetes, Metabolic Disorders & Control 2015; Vol: 2, issue 2, : 00035
6. Mousumi Das, Utpal Kumar Biswas and Arun Kumar. 24 Hours Urinary Hydroxyproline - A Noninvasive, Cost-Effective and Early Biochemical Marker Which May be Used to Screen the Osteoporotic Lesion in Postmenopausal Women. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. Jul-Aug 2015; Vol 6: Issue 4, p 21-24
7. Mousumi Das, Utpal Kumar Biswas, Sabyasachi Mallick, Anindya Dasgupta and Aparna Khan. A Study On Biochemical Markers Of Bone Turnover For Early Detection Of Osteoporosis In Postmenopausal Women. Indian Journal of Medical Biochemistry 2015; Vol 17: Issue 1, p 50-55
Conference & CME Program arranged by the Department:
Achievement by the faculties or students:
Names of Non Teaching Staffs
Click the following link to get the details:
Though India became a free nation on August 15, 1947, it declared itself a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state with the adoption of the Constitution on January 26, 1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day.
Remembering them we, from NRSMC, celebrated the Republic Day with culutural activities like singing, flag hoisting and tributing the nation.
Ethics and moral values will be a part of the course offered to aspiring doctors of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College. This course will be conducted be the sanyasi's of Ram Krishna Mission.
Starting from first year to fourth, even the Post graduate Trainee are to be trained through the this course. The principal of NRSMC, Dr. Prof. Debasis Bhattacharyya is taking full initiave to conduct this course.
1st December is the inagural day of NRSMC and the entire course will be discussed there in details.
National Nutrition Week Symposium
Organised by Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal Chapter
Venue: Vivekananda Hall, Centenary Building, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Date: 2 nd September 2016
12 – 12.30 PM: InaugurationDownload here for detailed news
Walk-in Interview For The Post Of Librarian will be held on 16-08.2016 at 11 am in the chamber of the undersigned. click the picture left for detailed information.
This is with reference to the letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Kolkata from The Director of Medical Education & Ex-Officio Secretary to the Government of West Bengal vide Memo No. HF/O/MERT/739/GA/3C-18/2015 dated 21.07.16. ?Please find attached letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at N.R.S Medical College & Hospital on August 5 (Friday) OR August 6 (Saturday), 2016 mentioning Context, Duration, Profile of Participants, Equipment needed etc. May we request you to organize the programme on August 5 (Friday)? However, August 6 (Saturday) will be okay for us if it is convenient for you. The Programme duration is of 2-2.5 hours. Please let us know the venue, Date & timing of the programme.
Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College has initiated a step towards making lives of the needy more cheerful and pleasant. Click the left picture for detailed information
WORLD KIDNEY DAY will be celebrated ON 10TH MARCH AT 1 AM AT PAED. MEDICINE SEMINR HALL, Centenary Building, 5th floor, on behalf of Dept. of Nephrology and Paed. Nephrology.
All are cordially invited to success the programme.
The Meeting of the College Councit, N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata, will be held on 3'd March, 2015(Thursday) at 2 p.m.
in the Conference Room of the Academy Building of this lnstitution with following Agenda:
AGENDAS: t. Ensuing MCI lnspection
All are requested to make it convenient to attend the meeting.
Students Section [under processing]
Help and Information