Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS)
- 033 2265 3333 033 2265 3215 / 3214 /3216
1800 180 5522
List of Dissertation:
Publications during the last one year
Publication of Prof. Prantar Chakrabarti
1. Outcome of Cyclosporine Monotherapy in Patients of Aplastic Anemia: Experience of a Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern India. PK Mandal, S Baul, TK Dolai, R De, P Chakrabarti. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, 2016 (First Online: 19 July 2016).
2. Agarwal MB, Malhotra H, Chakrabarti P, Varma N, Mathews V, et al. Myeloproliferative neoplasms working group consensus recommendations for diagnosis and management of primary myelofibrosis, polycythemia vera, and essential thrombocythemia. Indian Journal Of Medical And Paediatric Oncology: official journal of Indian Society of Medical &Paediatric Oncology. 2015; 36(1):3-16. PubMed [journal] PMID: 25810569, PMCID: PMC4363847
3. Vaidya S, Vundinti BR, Shanmukhaiah C, Chakrabarti P, Ghosh K. Evolution of BCR/ABL gene mutation in CML is time dependent and dependent on the pressure exerted by tyrosine kinase inhibitor. PloS one. 2015; 10(1):e0114828. PubMed [journal] PMID: 25629972, PMCID: PMC4309587.
Publication of Dr Tuphan Kanti Dolai
1. Photocatalytic and antibacterial activity of cadmium sulphide/zinc oxide nanocomposite with varied morphology. TK Jana, SK Maji, A Pal, RP Maiti, TK Dolai.Journal of Colloid and
Interface Science. Volume 480, 15 October 2016, Pages 9–16
2. Outcome of Cyclosporine Monotherapy in Patients of Aplastic Anemia: Experience of a Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern India. PK Mandal, S Baul, TK Dolai, R De, P Chakrabarti.
Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, 2016 (First Online: 19 July 2016).
3. Prevalence and Antibacterial Susceptibility Pattern of Aerobic Bacteria Causing Urinary Tract Infection in Tribal Population in Rural Part of West Bengal, India. SK Maji, PK Mandal,
C Panja, TK Dolai, A Samanta Int.J.Curr.Microbiol.App.Sci (2016) 5(6): 406-412.
4. Intracranial hemorrhage following intrathecal methotrexate therapy for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. Radheshyam Purkait, Tuphan Kanti Dolai, Chinmoy Lath, Biswajit
Das. Indian Pediatrics, Volume 53 May 15, 2016,423-424.
5. Spectrum of complex chromosomal aberrations in a myelodysplastic syndrome and a brief review. Bani Bandana Ganguly, Tuphan Kanti Dolai, Rajib De, Nitin N Kadam:Journal of
cancer research and therapeutics. Ahed of print, 2016.
6. Primary bone lymphoma with multifocal osteolytic lesions: a rare case report with review of literature.PK Mandal, S Baul, TK Dolai ,Blood Res. 2015 Dec;50(4):256-260.
7. Rituximab-containing chemotherapy in pregnancy with malignancy. PK Mandal, TK Dolai, S Bose, M Bhattacharyya. Egyptian Journal of Haematology 2015, 40:201–202.
8. VTD in newly diagnosed myeloma: an institutional experience. M Kumar, A Panigrahi, TK Dolai, R De, PK Mandal. Egyptian Journal of Haematology 2015, 40:175–176.
9. Trephine biopsy in an elderly man revealed double pathology, The Indian Journal of Medical Research, 2015, New Delhi, India, Mandal, Prakas Kumar; Dolai, Tuphan Kanti.
10. Atypical HUS caused by anti-complement factor H antibody: a hematologist's perspective, Blood research, 2015, Korea, Kumar, Meet; Mandal, Prakas; De, Rajib; Mukherjee, Pinaki; Dolai, Tuphan Kanti; Bhattyacharyya, Maitryee.
11. Platelet Aggregation Study in Patients With Hemoglobin Eβ Thalassemia in India, Clinical and Applied Thrombosis/Hemostasis, 2015, Alberta, Canada, Ghosal, Tanushree; Dolai,
Tuphan Kanti; Mandal, Prakas Kumar; Karthik, S; Bandyopadhyay, Anjali.
12. Early diagnosis and prompt therapy can save one’s eye, Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal, 2015, India, Mandal, Prakas K; Dolai, Tuphan K.
Publication of Dr Shyamali Dutta
1. Mandal PK, Maji SK, Dolai TK, De R, Dutta S, Saha S, Bhattacharyya M.Micro-organisms Associated with Febrile Neutropenia in Patients with Haematological Malignancies in a Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern India.Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2015 Mar;31(1):46-50
2. Kumar M, Dutta S, BhattyacharyyaM. Application of ITP-BAT bleeding scores in clinical practice. Int J Hematol. 2015 Feb;101(2):207-8
Publication of Dr Prakas Kumar Mandal
1. Outcome of Cyclosporine Monotherapy in Patients of Aplastic Anemia: Experience of a Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern India. PK Mandal, S Baul, TK Dolai, R De, PChakrabarti. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, 2016 (First Online: 19 July 2016).
2. Mandal PK, Ghosh MK, Bhattacharyya M. Does Profile of HemoglobinEβ-thalassemia Patients Change after Splenectomy? Experience of a Tertiary Thalassemia Care Centre in Eastern India. Indian J Hematol Blood Transfus. 2015 Dec; 31(4):446-52.
3. Mandal PK, Dolai TK. Trephine biopsy in an elderly man revealed double pathology. Indian J Med Res. 2015 Jun; 141(6):845-6.
4. Ghosal T, Dolai TK, Mandal PK, Karthik S, Bandyopadhyay A. Platelet Aggregation Study in Patients With Hemoglobin E β Thalassemia in India. Clin Appl Thromb Hemost. 2015 Feb 20
Publication of Dr Rajib De
1. Outcome of Cyclosporine Monotherapy in Patients of Aplastic Anemia: Experience of a Tertiary Care Hospital in Eastern India. PK Mandal, S Baul, TK Dolai, R De, P Chakrabarti. Indian Journal of Hematology and Blood Transfusion, 2016 (First Online: 19 July2016).
Publication of Dr Indrani Mondal
1. Hira SK, Mondal I, Bhattacharya D, Gupta KK, Manna PP. Downregulation of STAT3 phosphorylation enhances tumoricidal effect of IL-15-activated dendritic cell against doxorubicin-resistant lymphoma and leukemia via TNF-α. Int J Biochem Cell Biol. 2015 Oct; 67:1-13.
2. Hira SK, Mondal I, Manna PP. Combined immunotherapy with whole tumorlysate-pulsed interleukin-15-activated dendritic cells and cucurbitacin I promotes strong CD8(+) T-cell responses and cures highly aggressive lymphoma. Cytotherapy. 2015; 17(5):647-64.
Publication of Dr Aditi Sen
1. Choudhuri S,Sen A,Ghosh M K,Mishra S, Bhattacharya M. Effectiveness of Prenatal Screening for Hemoglobinopathies in a Developing Country. Hemoglobin.2015;13:1-4.
Conference & CME programmes arranged by the Departments
The Department organized the following national academic activities in the last one year in addition to regular seminars, journal clubs, journal scans, and case discussions:
7. Achievements by the Faculties or Students
Prof. Prantar Chakrabarti (2015-2016)
Oral and Poster Presentations by the Department:
57th Annual Conference of Indian Society of Haematology and Blood Transfusion, November 2016, Jaipur
1. Evaluation of clinical course & complications in NTDT – Hb E beta thalassemia – with special reference to Hepatic fibrosis & Pulmonary Hypertension. Author- M. Vinodhini, S
Dutta, R De, TK Dolai, PK Mandal, P Chakrabarti.
2. Study of Incidence of bleeding in children with Severe Hemophilia A on low dose secondary prophylaxis. Author- S Gulshan, PK Mandal, TK Dolai, S Dutta, R De, P Chakrabarti.
3. Clinical profile and outcome of patients of AML /MDS on hypomethylating agents. Author-P Patra, PK Mandal, TK Dolai, S Dutta, R De, P Chakrabarti.
4. Clinical and Laboratory Predictors of Chronicity in Childhood Immune Thrombocytopenia (ITP), Tusti Ganguly, Prantar Chakrabarti, Tuphan Kanti Dolai, Rajib De, Prakas Kumar
5. A Prospective study to evaluate the efficacy, safety and response duration of newly diagnosed adult ITP patients treated with low dose Rituximab and high dose of
Dexamethasone. Soumya Mukherjee, Prantar Chakrabarti, Tuphan Kanti Dolai, Rajib De, Prakas Kumar Mandal.
6. Rare presentation of Peripheral T Cell Lymphoma Not otherwise specified (NOS) with hypereosinophilia and multiple lacunar infarcts – A case Report. Authors: Dr.Soumya
Mukherjee, Dr.P.K Mandal, Dr.R.De, Dr.T.K Dolai, Dr. P.Chakrabarti.
Dr. Shuvra Neel Baul et al
1) Outcome of Aplastic Anemia Patients treated With Horse Anti Thymocytic Globulin (Atg) and Cyclosporine– an Institutional experience.
2) Study Of Thyroid Function Status in Patients of Hb -Eβ Thalassemia and Correlation with serum ferritin Level - A Prospective Study
Dr Pooja Prasad et al
1) Clinic pathological profile and outcome Of Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma Patients: Data from a tertiary Care Hospital.
Dr Kartthik S et al
1) Early molecular Response in Chronic Myeloid Leukemia Chronic Phase Patients – A single centre experience.
2) Prenatal diagnosis of hemoglobinopathies in “couples at risk” by chorionic villous sampling – A single centre experience.
Dr. Soumya Mukherjee et al
1) Study of cytogenetic abnormalities in MDS- An Institutional experience
2) Diagnosed adult ITP patients treated with low dose Rituximab and high dose of dexamethasone
Dr. Tusti Ganguly et al
1) Evaluation of antenatal screening for prevention of thalassemia: A single centre study.
Dr. Vinodhini M et al.
1) Study of spectrum of microorganisms & antimicrobial susceptibility in febrile neutropenic patients from a Tertiary care centre.
Non Teaching Staff
1. Dr Aditi Sen-Molecular Biologist
2. Dr Shouriya Ghosh -Senior Resident
3. Dr Sudipta Bera- Senior Resident
4. Dr Sarmista De-Medical Officer
5. Mr Nazrul Islam-MT Lab
6. Mr Pinaki Diwanji-MT Lab
7. Mr Chiranjib Ghosh-Gr D
8. Mr. Tapan Majumder- Gr D
9. Mr. Subhas Majumder- Gr D
10. Mr. Sanat Kumar Gunin- Gr D
Click the following link to get the details:
Though India became a free nation on August 15, 1947, it declared itself a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state with the adoption of the Constitution on January 26, 1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day.
Remembering them we, from NRSMC, celebrated the Republic Day with culutural activities like singing, flag hoisting and tributing the nation.
Ethics and moral values will be a part of the course offered to aspiring doctors of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College. This course will be conducted be the sanyasi's of Ram Krishna Mission.
Starting from first year to fourth, even the Post graduate Trainee are to be trained through the this course. The principal of NRSMC, Dr. Prof. Debasis Bhattacharyya is taking full initiave to conduct this course.
1st December is the inagural day of NRSMC and the entire course will be discussed there in details.
National Nutrition Week Symposium
Organised by Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal Chapter
Venue: Vivekananda Hall, Centenary Building, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Date: 2 nd September 2016
12 – 12.30 PM: InaugurationDownload here for detailed news
Walk-in Interview For The Post Of Librarian will be held on 16-08.2016 at 11 am in the chamber of the undersigned. click the picture left for detailed information.
This is with reference to the letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Kolkata from The Director of Medical Education & Ex-Officio Secretary to the Government of West Bengal vide Memo No. HF/O/MERT/739/GA/3C-18/2015 dated 21.07.16. ?Please find attached letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at N.R.S Medical College & Hospital on August 5 (Friday) OR August 6 (Saturday), 2016 mentioning Context, Duration, Profile of Participants, Equipment needed etc. May we request you to organize the programme on August 5 (Friday)? However, August 6 (Saturday) will be okay for us if it is convenient for you. The Programme duration is of 2-2.5 hours. Please let us know the venue, Date & timing of the programme.
Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College has initiated a step towards making lives of the needy more cheerful and pleasant. Click the left picture for detailed information
WORLD KIDNEY DAY will be celebrated ON 10TH MARCH AT 1 AM AT PAED. MEDICINE SEMINR HALL, Centenary Building, 5th floor, on behalf of Dept. of Nephrology and Paed. Nephrology.
All are cordially invited to success the programme.
The Meeting of the College Councit, N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata, will be held on 3'd March, 2015(Thursday) at 2 p.m.
in the Conference Room of the Academy Building of this lnstitution with following Agenda:
AGENDAS: t. Ensuing MCI lnspection
All are requested to make it convenient to attend the meeting.
Students Section [under processing]
Help and Information