Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS)
033 2265 3215 / 3214 /3216
1800 180 5522
Departmental publications 2016:
1. Goswami S, Gupta U, Sengupta N, Chowdhury S, Sahana PK, Sharma V. Prevalence of hypothyroidism in Kolkata: An epidemiological pilot study. Indian Journal of Basic and Allied
Medical Research 2016; 5:370-3.
2. Deshmukh AS, Sengupta N, Bandyopadhyay P, Sahana PK, Goswami S, Sarkar P. Association of serum concentration of 25 hydroxyvitamin D with chronic periodontitis in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM).European Journal of Biomedical & Pharmaceutical Research.2016; 3:558-63.
3. Sahana PK, Krishna Shankar GS, Sengupta N, Chattopadhyay K.Boy with central precocious puberty probably due to a peripheral cause.BMJ Case Rep 2016;doi10.1136/bcr-2016-
4.Roy RP, Ghosh K, Ghosh M, Acharyya A, Bhattacharya A, Pal M,Charborty S, SenguptaN. Study of Vitamin B12 deficiency and peripheral neuropathy in metformin-treated early Type 2 diabetes mellitus. Indian J EndocrMetab 2016; 20:631-7
5. Deshmukh A, Sengupta N, Goswami S, et al. An analytical approach to explore clinico-biochemical relationship between type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM) and oro-dental diseases including chronic periodontitis. J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2016; 5(70):5118-5122, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2016/1161
6. Treatment of Gestational Diabetes Mellitus-Insulin or Metformin; P Somani,P K Sahana,P Choudhury,N Sengupta.J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci. 2016, vol 5/Issue 63/August 08 2016
7. Concurrence of lipoatrophy and lipohypertrophy in children with type 1 Diabetes using Recombinant human Insulin:Two case reports.Clinical diabetes,2016,vol 34,no 1;Arijit
Singha,Rana Bhattacharjee,S Chakraborty,Arjun Baidya,Subhankar Chowdhury.
Ongoing Research Projects :
1. A multi centric, prospective, randomized, double- blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Saroglitazar 2/4 mg as compared to Pioglitazone in Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
2. A multi centric, prospective, randomized, double- blind study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of Saroglitazar (Lipaglyn TM) 2 and 4 mg as compare to Fenofibrate 160 mg in patients with Dyslipidemia.
Routine academic schedule
1. Seminar-once a week
2. Case presentation-once a week
3. Journal Club-once a week
4. Grand Round-once a week
CME/ Workshops/ Guest and Faculty Lectures:
1. Biostatistics: Dr. Pramit Ghosh: Asst Professor Community medicine, Medical college, Kolkata: Dec3, 15
2. Monthly clinical meet of Endocrine Society of Bengal; Dec 16, 2015
3. Departmental Foundation Day CME: March 1st 2016 Speaker: Dr. Debmalya Sanyal, Associate professor, KPC Medical College, Kolkata
4. OSA Workshop, April 19th, 2016 by Dr. Raja Dhar, Consultant Pulmonologist, Fortis Hospital, Kolkata
5. Ramadan education workshop by Dr. Soumik Goswami: June 1st 2016
6. Flozin Gliptin update: June 7th, 2016: Speaker: Prof. Nilanjan Sengupta, Dr. P.K. Sahana, Dr. A Baidya
7. LEADER Trial: July 12th, 2016 by Dr. Soumik Goswami
8. ALIVE Workshop: BIOSTATISTICS: by Dr. Varun Sharma, Nov 5th, 12th, [ongoing, six sessions] 2016
9. World Diabetes day 2016 celebration and Blue monument lightning ceremony on 11.11.16
Academic activities: Prof Nilanjan Senguta, HOD
1. Invited lecture on- Maternal Hypothyroxinemia in Pregnancy- in 46th annual conference of Endocrine Society of India, 2016. New Delhi
2. Session Chair in EEE workshop, 46th annual conference of Endocrine Society of India, 2016. New Delhi
3. Session Chair, World Diabetes Day, Nov 13, 2016
4. Delivered Guest Lecture in ISEM Tripura chapter, Sep 11, 2016, Agartala
5. External Examiner in DM Endocrinology Examination, SCB Medical College, Utkal University, Cuttack, Orissa, 2016
6. Convenor in DM Endocrinology Examination, NRS MCH, July 20167. Secratory, Board of Studies in Endocrinology, WBUHS.
6. Many other lectures, session chair, moderator and judge in various CME programmes.
Academic activities: Dr.P.K.Sahana
1. Session Chair in 46th annual conference of Endocrine Society of India, 2016. New Delhi-Pituitary Symposium
2. Delivered Lecture in Nutrition Symposium-Dietary management of Diabetes in pregnancy-NRSMCH Auditorium
3. Delivered Lecture- Renal handling of glucose-SGLT2 Update, NRSMCH Auditorium
4. Session Chair-Diabetes and Kidney-RSSDI Orissa chapter, 24.9.16
5. Session judge-Research presentations-RSSDI WB chapter, 8 march 2016
6. Internal Examiner in DM Endocrinology Examination, NRS MCH, July 2016
7. External Examiner in DDCT Examination, August 2016, Medical College, Kolkata
8. Internal Examiner in DDCT Examination, NRS MCH, June 2016
1. Session Chair in PCOS update-Pathophysiology of PCOS, July 2016
2. Moderator in patient doctor interactive seminar in Insulin Discovery Day Rabindra Sadan, Kolkata, July 2016
3. Moderator in Diabetes Education Programme, World Diabetes Day, Nov 13, 2016
4. Delivered Lecture- Focus on SGLT2 Inhibitors, SGLT2 Update, NRSMCH Auditorium
5. Delivered Lecture in T 1 DM patient education CME: September 2nd, 2016, Seminar Hall, NRSMCH.
6. Session Chair-Nutrition Symposium, NRSMCH Auditorium
Activities of PDTs:
1] Dr.Kaustubh Chattopadhyay
Dissertation- A study of magnitude, risk factors and short term follow-up of diabetic nephropathy in type 2 diabetes subjects in a tertiary care centre in Eastern India
1. Research presentation in RESEARCH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF DIABETES IN INDIA, WEST BENGAL CHAPTER on project titled-Extent of glycemic excursions in well-controlled type 2 diabetic patients with nephropathy, using continuous glucose-monitoring system
2. Participated in Poster session for research paper titled -Rare presentations of a rare case - in Endocrinology Update 2016: Focus on Pituitary, organized by Department of Endocrinology, IPGMER, Kolkata
3. Poster presentation on- A study of glycemic variability in T2 DM with nephropathy- in ESICON 2016, New Delhi
4. Active participation in EEE workshop- Expert Endocrine Examination workshop for Residents – ESICON 2016, New Delhi
5. CASE REPORT: Boy with central precocious puberty probably due to a peripheral cause; Pranab Kumar Sahana, Krishna Shankar Gopal Sankar, Nilanjan Sengupta, Kaustubh
Chattopadhyay BMJ Case Reports 2016; doi: 10.1136/bcr-2016-214554
6. Case presentation in Clinical meet, Endocrine Society of India West Bengal chapter, titled - Atypical presentations of prolactinoma
2] Krishna Shankar. G
Thesis: Epidemiology of Glucocorticoid induced Diabetes mellitus in hematological disorders in eastern India
1. Research presentation in RESEARCH SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF DIABETES IN INDIA, WEST BENGAL CHAPTER on project titled-Epidemiology of Glucocorticoid induced Diabetes mellitus in hematological disorders in eastern India
2. Participated in Poster session: 3 interesting cases of hypogonadotrophic hypogonadism Endocrinology Update 2016: Focus on Pituitary, organized by Department of Endocrinology, IPGMER, Kolkata
3. Poster presentation on Epidemiology of Glucocorticoid induced Diabetes mellitus in hematological disorders in eastern India: ESICON 2016
4. CASE REPORT :Boy with central precocious puberty probably due to a peripheral cause Pranab Kumar Sahana, Krishna Shankar Gopal Sankar, Nilanjan Sengupta, Kaustubh
Chattopadhyay BMJ Case Reports 2016; doi:10.1136/bcr-2016-214554
5. Case presentation in Clinical meet, Endocrine Society of India West Bengal chapter, An interesting case of central precocity
3] Dr Sattik Siddhanta:
Thesis: A prospective study of effects of Levothyroxine replacement on clinical and biochemical parameters and quality of life in subjects with subclinical hypothyroidism
1. Profile of Turner Syndrome in eastern India: A case series: poster in ESICON 2016
4] Dr Ravikumar:
Thesis: A comparative study on glycemic outcome in T2DM patients on two commonly used
insulin regimen in East Indian population.
1. A study on assessment of prevalence of short stature in tertiary care centre: A case series:
poster in ESICON 2016
M T Lab technetium
Click the following link to get the details:
Though India became a free nation on August 15, 1947, it declared itself a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state with the adoption of the Constitution on January 26, 1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day.
Remembering them we, from NRSMC, celebrated the Republic Day with culutural activities like singing, flag hoisting and tributing the nation.
Ethics and moral values will be a part of the course offered to aspiring doctors of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College. This course will be conducted be the sanyasi's of Ram Krishna Mission.
Starting from first year to fourth, even the Post graduate Trainee are to be trained through the this course. The principal of NRSMC, Dr. Prof. Debasis Bhattacharyya is taking full initiave to conduct this course.
1st December is the inagural day of NRSMC and the entire course will be discussed there in details.
National Nutrition Week Symposium
Organised by Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal Chapter
Venue: Vivekananda Hall, Centenary Building, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Date: 2 nd September 2016
12 – 12.30 PM: InaugurationDownload here for detailed news
Walk-in Interview For The Post Of Librarian will be held on 16-08.2016 at 11 am in the chamber of the undersigned. click the picture left for detailed information.
This is with reference to the letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Kolkata from The Director of Medical Education & Ex-Officio Secretary to the Government of West Bengal vide Memo No. HF/O/MERT/739/GA/3C-18/2015 dated 21.07.16. ?Please find attached letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at N.R.S Medical College & Hospital on August 5 (Friday) OR August 6 (Saturday), 2016 mentioning Context, Duration, Profile of Participants, Equipment needed etc. May we request you to organize the programme on August 5 (Friday)? However, August 6 (Saturday) will be okay for us if it is convenient for you. The Programme duration is of 2-2.5 hours. Please let us know the venue, Date & timing of the programme.
Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College has initiated a step towards making lives of the needy more cheerful and pleasant. Click the left picture for detailed information
WORLD KIDNEY DAY will be celebrated ON 10TH MARCH AT 1 AM AT PAED. MEDICINE SEMINR HALL, Centenary Building, 5th floor, on behalf of Dept. of Nephrology and Paed. Nephrology.
All are cordially invited to success the programme.
The Meeting of the College Councit, N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata, will be held on 3'd March, 2015(Thursday) at 2 p.m.
in the Conference Room of the Academy Building of this lnstitution with following Agenda:
AGENDAS: t. Ensuing MCI lnspection
All are requested to make it convenient to attend the meeting.
Students Section [under processing]
Help and Information