Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College & Hospital (NRS)
- 033 2265 3333 033 2265 3215 / 3214 /3216
1800 180 5522
DEPARTMENT OF ENT AND HEAD NECK SURGERY
LIST OF DISSERTATIONS
1. Management of tympanic membrane perforation with cartilage tympanoplasty vis-à-vis temporalis fascia graft
technique. Aditya Ghosh Roy.
2. Study on detection of deafness in early childhood (0-7 years) by play audiometry, otoacoustic emission and
auditory brainstem response. Kinjal Shankar Majumdar.
3. A study on post-operative complications of thyroidectomy. Sonia Begum.
4. A prospective study of treatment outcome of mandible fracture by open reduction and internal fixation. Najmun
5. Non epithelial tumours of nasal cavity, paranasal sinuses and pharynx. Prithvi Das.
6. Different types of ossicular chain reconstruction in chronic otitis media. Kasturi Mondal.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS IN THE LAST 1 YEAR
1. Endoscopic cauterization of sphenopalatine artery in posterior epistaxis - our experience. Tapan Kanti Hazra,
Aniruddha Majumder. Bengal Journal of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery. Vol. 23, No. 2. August, 2015.
2. Clinico-pathological spectrum of sino-nasal malignancy: A single institution experience. Dipten Paul, Aditya Gosh
Roy, Devjani Ghosh Shrestha, Aniruddha Majumder. NEBOAI Journal.
3. Surgical approach to parapharyngeal tumours – our experience. Devjani Ghosh Shrestha, Kinjal Shankar
Majumdar, Nirmalya Samanta. Bengal Journal of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery. Vol. 23, No. 2. August,
2015. Page 67-72.
4. Suprahyoid pharyngotomy for tongue base tumors reincarnated. Nirmalya Samanta, Kinjal Shankar Majumdar,
Devjani Ghosh Shrestha. International Journal of Head & Neck Surgery. Assigned manuscript; pending approval.
5. Sinonasal and orbital malignant neoplasms in pediatric population: A study from a tertiary care centre in India.
Siddhartha Kumar Das. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine & Healthcare. Vol. 2, Issue 3. Jan 19, 2015. Page 248.
6. Repair of large skull base defect following excision of basaloid squamous cell carcinoma of maxillo-ethmoid
region: A case report. Shubhrakanti Sen, Monoj Mukherjee, Avishek Palai, Siddhartha Das. Journal of Evidence
Based Medicine & Healthcare. Vol. 2, Issue 8. Feb 23, 2015. Page 1049.
7. Comparative study of intra osseous wiring, miniplate osteosynthesis and reconstruction plate with bone graft in
the method of treatment for mandibular fracture. Siddhartha Das. Journal of Evidence Based Medicine & Health
care. Vol. 2, Issue 32. Aug 10, 2015. Page 4677.
8. Multiple parotid calculi - A rare case report. Shubhrakanti Sen, Monoj Mukherjee, Avishek Palai. The Egyptian
Journal of Otolaryngology. 2015. Accepted; pending publication.
9. Retropharyngeal hematoma secondary to minor blunt trauma neck : A rare case report. Dipten Paul,
Shubhrakanti Sen, Avishek Palai, Monoj Mukherjee. Bengal Journal of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery
Vol. 23 No. 1 April, 2015.
10. Adult Retropharyngeal Abscess. Shubhra Kanti Sen. Bengal Journal of Otolaryngology and Head Neck Surgery Vol.
23 No. 1 April, 2015.
CONFERENCE AND/OR CME PROGRAMMES:
1. Equilibrium. Speaker: Kinjal Shankar Majumdar.
2. Otosclerosis. Speaker: Aditya Ghosh Roy.
3. Pure tone audiometry. Speaker: Kinjal Shankar Majumdar.
4. Impedance audiometry. Speaker: Aditya Ghosh Roy.
5. Obstructive sleep apnoea. Speaker: Aditya Ghosh Roy.
6. Coblation. Speaker: Sonia Begum.
7. Olfaction. Speaker: Prithvi Das.
8. Ototoxicity. Speaker: Kasturi Mondal.
9. LASER in ENT. Speaker: Kinjal Shankar Majumdar.
10. Chronic otitis media. Speaker: Sonia Begum.
11. Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery. Speaker: Najmun Nahar.
12. Anatomical variation of paranasal sinuses. Speaker: Kasturi Mondal.
13. Nasal polyposis. Speaker: Prithvi Das.
14. Atrophic rhinitis. Speaker: Sonia Begum.
15. Granulomatous disorders of nose. Speaker: Najmun Nahar.
16. Tracheostomy. Speaker: Kasturi Mondal.
17. Optic nerve decompression. Speaker: Kinjal Shankar Majumdar.
18. Stridor in a child. Speaker: Sonia Begum.
1. Dr. Dipten Paul. Junior Resident (Session: 2012-2015). Stood first in University examination (MS ENT Final
examination) held in May, 2015.
2. Dr. Devjani Ghosh Shrestha. First prize in Temporal Bone Dissection Competition – Senior category. Organised by
3. Dr. Kinjal Shankar Majumdar. First prize in Temporal Bone Dissection Competition – Junior category. Organised by
ENT OT Staff- Nursing Staff:
Click the following link to get the details:
Though India became a free nation on August 15, 1947, it declared itself a Sovereign, Democratic and Republic state with the adoption of the Constitution on January 26, 1950. A salute of 21 guns and the unfurling of the Indian National Flag by Dr. Rajendra Prasad heralded the historic birth of the Indian Republic on that day.
Remembering them we, from NRSMC, celebrated the Republic Day with culutural activities like singing, flag hoisting and tributing the nation.
Ethics and moral values will be a part of the course offered to aspiring doctors of Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College. This course will be conducted be the sanyasi's of Ram Krishna Mission.
Starting from first year to fourth, even the Post graduate Trainee are to be trained through the this course. The principal of NRSMC, Dr. Prof. Debasis Bhattacharyya is taking full initiave to conduct this course.
1st December is the inagural day of NRSMC and the entire course will be discussed there in details.
National Nutrition Week Symposium
Organised by Diabetic Association of India, West Bengal Chapter
Venue: Vivekananda Hall, Centenary Building, NRS Medical College, Kolkata
Date: 2 nd September 2016
12 – 12.30 PM: InaugurationDownload here for detailed news
Walk-in Interview For The Post Of Librarian will be held on 16-08.2016 at 11 am in the chamber of the undersigned. click the picture left for detailed information.
This is with reference to the letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at Medical Colleges & Hospitals of Kolkata from The Director of Medical Education & Ex-Officio Secretary to the Government of West Bengal vide Memo No. HF/O/MERT/739/GA/3C-18/2015 dated 21.07.16. ?Please find attached letter regarding Orientation Programme on Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace at N.R.S Medical College & Hospital on August 5 (Friday) OR August 6 (Saturday), 2016 mentioning Context, Duration, Profile of Participants, Equipment needed etc. May we request you to organize the programme on August 5 (Friday)? However, August 6 (Saturday) will be okay for us if it is convenient for you. The Programme duration is of 2-2.5 hours. Please let us know the venue, Date & timing of the programme.
Nil Ratan Sircar Medical College has initiated a step towards making lives of the needy more cheerful and pleasant. Click the left picture for detailed information
WORLD KIDNEY DAY will be celebrated ON 10TH MARCH AT 1 AM AT PAED. MEDICINE SEMINR HALL, Centenary Building, 5th floor, on behalf of Dept. of Nephrology and Paed. Nephrology.
All are cordially invited to success the programme.
The Meeting of the College Councit, N.R.S. Medical College, Kolkata, will be held on 3'd March, 2015(Thursday) at 2 p.m.
in the Conference Room of the Academy Building of this lnstitution with following Agenda:
AGENDAS: t. Ensuing MCI lnspection
All are requested to make it convenient to attend the meeting.
Students Section [under processing]
Help and Information